I am a professional storyteller and actor based in west London. I trained in community storytelling in South Cheshire, and in acting at Drama Studio London. Over the last ten years I have performed at a diverse range of venues, from museums and theatres, to pubs, cafés, and a Saxon longhouse. My engagements have included:
- Performing at the Nivesh Festival, Delhi, and the Kolkata Literature Festival, on behalf of the British Council
- A national tour of my Gawain and the Green Knight show
- Working with storytellers from five international festivals, as part of the Grundtvig Programme
- A support slot with Perrier award-winning comedian Milton Jones
- Bah! Humbug!– my sell-out show of Christmas stories and songs
- Storytelling on the theme of conflict resolution at the Bradford Mela
- Kamishibai Storytelling for the Wellcome Trust and the Geffrye Museum
My work is dynamic, irreverent and defiantly un-twee. The audience are seldom passive onlookers, and could find themselves answering riddles, singing rounds, or eating exotic food.
More recently, I’ve become fascinated by the links between ancient folklore and modern urban myth, ever since the night I gave a lift to a lone hitchhiker and awoke next morning in the gutter minus a kidney
To see what services I offer, go to the “What Sarah Does” page.