I am a professional storyteller and actor based in west London. I trained in community storytelling in South Cheshire, and in acting at Drama Studio London. Over the last sixteen years I have performed at a diverse range of venues, from museums and theatres, to pubs, cafés, and a Saxon longhouse. My engagements have included:
- Performing at the Nivesh Festival, Delhi, and the Kolkata Literature Festival, on behalf of the British Council
- A national tour of my Gawain and the Green Knight show
- Performing at the Storie In Tasca festival in Italy; Festival at the Edge, in Shropshire; and Beyond the Border International Festival, in Wales.
- Classical storytelling for The Latin Programme
- Telling at Sharjah International Book Fair, UAE
- Kamishibai Storytelling for the Wellcome Trust and the Geffrye Museum
- Devising work for Kew Gardens, The National Trust, British Museum, and Leighton House Museum
My work is dynamic, irreverent and defiantly un-twee. The audience are seldom passive onlookers, and could find themselves answering riddles, singing rounds, or eating exotic food.
More recently, I’ve become fascinated by the links between ancient folklore and modern urban myth, ever since the night I gave a lift to a lone hitchhiker and awoke next morning in the gutter minus a kidney
To see what services I offer, go to the “What Sarah Does” page.